Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting 6 digit numbers

frankie805
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can you advise whether it is possible to dial 5-digit numbers?

Have tried to enter a competition, using 5 numbers, but message not delivered.  I used to be able to dial these numbers.

Thank you

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

In this case, the T&C's state "the network standard rate" but O2 have not published any costs for this shortcode. 

https://digitalcontent.api.tesco.com/v2/media/homepage/30ee6ffd-6a47-4ce5-9767-567c4f713064/JS10471_...

6. Participants must have a mobile phone able to send and receive messages to/from 5-digit
short codes. Messages charged at service provider’s standard network rate. Texts may not
be included in any text inclusive packages. Users on virtual mobile networks may not be able
to text the short code. Please check with your network provider. Text lines are open 24
hours until 23:59 on the closing date. Ask the bill payer before texting. If you text after the
closing date, you will not be entered but you will be charged. Take care when entering the
text code; the Promoter is not responsible for mistypes and you may be charged at a higher
rate. If you are unable to send a text, please check with your network operator first. For
technical issues only, call 0161 726 5432.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

frankie805
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying.

Have checked Tesco T & C, and they state -

'Participants must have a mobile phone able to send and receive messages to/from 5-digit
short codes. Messages charged at service provider’s standard network rate ...'

I will phone O2 tomorrow and see what they say.

Message 12 of 15

frankie805
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Updating - I phoned O2 this morning, the line was a little difficult, but I tried the 6-digit number again this morning, and the text went through with no problems.  It cost 10p SNR.

I very much appreciate all the help everyone has given, and recommend the forums highly.

Thank you

Frankie

Message 13 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good to know, thanks wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for letting us know @frankie805 

Best of luck in the competition wink

Also welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 15