Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text scam

At2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just received a text message from a number I don’t know. The text message read ‘ FreeMsg: Reminder. You are subscribed to Books4you for £4.50 every week from Lasevia until you text STOP to 83463. HELP? 03300538806‘ I instantly googled the number and discovered it’s a scam. Lots of people have revived this scam and cost them hundreds of pounds. But most of the chat online is old messages from 2016 and no one seemed to have a solution then. Allot of talk about having to change your number number which just isn’t an option for me and that the networks couldn’t help. I don’t want to be charged and I’m scared to reply stop. Any advice is appricated. Thank you
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @At2

Jnformation on what to do if you have inadvertently been subscribed to a premium rate number is given in the link below:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

I would recommend you text stop to the number given asap to, hopefully, prevent being charged.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @At2

Jnformation on what to do if you have inadvertently been subscribed to a premium rate number is given in the link below:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

I would recommend you text stop to the number given asap to, hopefully, prevent being charged.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes sending stop will show that the line is active & wont be unsubscribed
Message 3 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Previous thread here with additional info https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Additional-charges/td-p/1114707
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:
Sometimes sending stop will show that the line is active & wont be unsubscribed

Although the advice in Adams guide quite clearly shows all the scams he indicates should use the STOP ALL

text.. If no number can be found for the company to contact them directly, texting stop is the only way forward.

@Anonymous(as well as following the rest of the advice in the guide)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Lasevia claims to use the double opt in service. Clearly they don't if @At2 has no idea how they were subscribed..

Edited to add that the Lasevia website does have a phone and email address If @At2 wants to contact them directly http://servicechecker.comreg.ie/PR6468/CHANCES_TO_WIN

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 17

At2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was hesitant in replying stop for that very reason being charged and confirming the line was live.
Thank u all for ur help and suggestions.
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@At2 You are very welcome 

Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No problem @At2 I hope you get it sorted soon wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Best of luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 17