Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text preview

Tomsdad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have an iPhone 6+  Recently I had O2 enable wifi calling and unlock it. Actually they unlatch it and then you connect it to iTunes to unlock it. Since this process I am not able to see text previews on a locked screen. I was always previously able to do this. 

When I put my sons sim into my phone ( he is on Three) text previews are fine. So it is not a problem with my phone. 

Also when I put my O2 sim into a friends O2 locked iPhone 5 the text previews work fine. So there is nothing wrong with the sim so long as it is in a O2 locked phone. 

Using online chat with O2 has been frustrating. They don't seem to understand the issue. They just say it's my phone. I have insisted they send me a new sim, but I don't think this will fix it. 

Any help is welcome. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tomsdad
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The problem became more obvious when some friends were able to rest me and the preview worked. Others it didnt. 

So to fix the preview 

on the text message screen that doesn't give a preview

press the " I" at the top right of screen

Make sure that "hide alerts" is not enabled. 

Dissapointed that o2 gurus would have know that. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions
Seems strange that the issue is related to unlocking as mine is unlocked and previews work fine.
Have you checked your notification settings?
It’s always worth trying a new sim and any o2 store will do that for you for free whilst you wait.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Tomsdad

Try a new sim. they tend to cure a multitude of sins...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Tomsdad, and welcome to the forum Wave I hope you found the initial suggestions above useful, but please do share any progress you make with us so we can try and help further if needed!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 10

Tomsdad
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

As expected the new sim arrived and the issue is still the same. It is not my phone settings as a Three sim allows my phone to receive text previews. 

This feature is very important to me and if necessary I will move to Three as I know it works with their sims. 

Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions
It's not a SIM controlled function so it makes no sense at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Tomsdad
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok so I may have confused the issue. Let's not get hung up on the unlocking. 

I have 2 iPhones in front of me. My iPhone 6+ unlocked with an o2 pay monthly sim. 

Also I have here an unlocked iphone 7 with a pay monthly Three sim. 

Send a a text from the iPhone 7 to the iPhone 6+ and I do not get text preview. 

Send a text from  my iPhone 6+ to the iPhone 7 and the iphone7 gets a text preview. 

Swap the the sims between the phones. 

Send a a text from the iPhone 7 ( now with the o2 sim) to the iPhone 6+ ( now with the Three sim) and the iPhone 6+ gets a text preview. 

and also send a text from iPhone 6+  (now with the Three sim) and the iPhone 7 ALSO gets a text preview. 

So so with the sims swapped both phones get the text preview. 

Putting the o2 sim back into my iPhone 6+ THERE IS NO TEXT PREVIEW. 

what the hec is going on. 

Thanks

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions
Have you actually checked the notification settings or just assumed they stay the same when you switch Sims ?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Tomsdad
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The problem became more obvious when some friends were able to rest me and the preview worked. Others it didnt. 

So to fix the preview 

on the text message screen that doesn't give a preview

press the " I" at the top right of screen

Make sure that "hide alerts" is not enabled. 

Dissapointed that o2 gurus would have know that. 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions
Had to be a settings issue somewhere. Good find.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10