cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message problems?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never received a text message from a friend the other day, and we thought someone was ignoring someone (Situation). He recieved my message but I never recieved what he sent. Why is this?

And also something REALLY wierd happnend in a message where something else was sent to me instead of the proper written message. I only found out because the message was a little wierd and didn't make sense. A few words at the end of the text didn't make any sense.

We compared what was sent and what I recieved and they were strangely different (not the whole text but the last sentence).

Orange to O2 by the way. And iPhone 4 to Galaxy Nexus.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Uhh this annoys me, they keep releasing new phones with hign end technology and people upgrade with so called 'O2 Gurus' who know as much as they do when buying a phone. For all they know they could be downgrading instead. True though, which is mostly why iPhone is still making sales.

I love my phone, it's my mini computer, that feels smoother in some areas.
Message 31 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

The best customer service advisors are the ones that see there job as a extension of there own lives. I mean that a phone enthusiast with a basic customer servicee background will more than likely beat a great customer service advisor with no knowledge. 

I think as consumers we expect to much from lets be perfectly honest not the best paid people in the world. 

I know I use BMW alot as an example but staff are paid very well and there training is second to none. You are totally immersed into the brand values and it is constantly on reminder. 

What incentive does a under paid, expected to meet sales targets in places that will not achieve it even if you was the best in the world customer service advisor have? 

I know some will say it is down to the individual to get up off there arse and I agree to a point. Sometimes it just is not going to happen and we as consumers get that person when we are buying/upgrading.

Message 32 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly and they're hiring the wrong people for the job. More than likely their current workers are just there for the money therefore they will not be very motivated to work without good payment. As you say they're underpaid, so why don't O2 just hire the people who are passionate about phones and their job :S

This is why brands like O2 only work in a few countries 😞 there I said it. BMW and Google probably hire passionate people about their job and not what is just in their qualifications.

The reason they have no incentive to meet sales targets is because of the teams they are made to work in. There's not much point working in a collective when you're the only one wo is working. So even the most passionate employees become demotivated. O2 needs to change their business philosophy.
Message 33 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I think you are being very unfair and maligning a large cross section of customer service, many of whom take great pride and are very passionate about their job.

I have the experience of working for O2 in one of their call centres and I can assure you that whist there may be the one or two that disprove the theory, most of the advisers take great pride in their work.

You could level your same arguments in any industry, being paid more doesn't make you more passionate or better trained.

Message 34 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonsie

Unfortunately there is a massive divide in the quality and the resources a marquee employer has to offer with regard to there customer service. 

Unfortunately, money is a massive motivator for the vast majority of the working community and I have to disagree to a point with you. To employ the best of the best in the customer service world you have to pay a premium wage and constantly give training that will keep them at the pinnacle of the industry. 
The old saying 'you get what you pay for' includes staff as well I am afraid.

Message 35 of 43

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I can only add that on the few occasions I've had to deal with O2 CS they have been both polite and knowledgeable.

I don't think it's fair to have a one sided discussion here about their pay scales.

As jonsie has said and many O2 staff have posted here, morale in CS appears to be good.

O2 are rated the highest of all the phone companies for the quality of customer services in independent reviews held annually.

What let's them down is their back office systems and web sites, but when you think they are coping with the accounts of 22 million customers, I guess it's not too bad.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 36 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, being paid more doesn't neccessarily mean better staff. I'm just saying that O2 should change their behaviour for selecting staff, passion over customer service skills.

I tried applying for a job in O2 to be rejected, I view myself to be more passionate about phones that what I find most staff to be on my highstreet.
Message 37 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets just clear something up.....

I am not criticising individuals or am I criticising O2 customer services. 

The converstation was about in shop staff, so lets not confuse the matter. Most in-shop staff are paid a miserable wage that is bumped up with commission much like any sales team in any company is. That means that there ultimate goal is to take money from you, sometimes as a result the customer service side especially aftersales is neglected. 

If they were paid more and not having to worry about making up there wages through commision then you will find the general level of customer service increases. 

I have seen this first hand in the motor industry and it happens. 

Please read the whole post and comment on the whole issue rather than individually paraphrasing.

Message 38 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I agree with you on that. It's like piece rate payment so someone only wants to get as many as they can do with little regard to quality.

If this is the case then I'm even more surprised that they didn't accept me for the job. They want the so called "Best, outstanding customer services" (in the job description) while they choose this method of paying employees which works against that.
Message 39 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the choice of three q2 shops in my area 2 i would not let my dog get a dog and bone from one which i use is helpful sorts out any issues and is managed by someone who wants my business long term the help uk os magic the web is dire
Message 40 of 43