Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Text costs

Just moved to contract yesterday but its costing pay & go customers to txt me..will it always be like that ? If so its an absolute joke
Highlighted
Anonymous

Text costs

just got through to customer service right before they closed. They said I have to get a pay&go customer to ring customer service and give them my number soi it can be put on the database or something..does that sound right?
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

Text costs

Ok im not sure what you are asking here.

If the other person text you then yes it will cost them as they are sending the sms.

Im confused in what you are asking?
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Text costs

I assume from his badly-written query that he's just moved from pay and go to contract, and other people on pay and go (who get free texts to other o2 numbers) are being charged for the texts.
If so that's normal, it can take 72 hours for the number change to properly register on their systems (as you were advised when porting it), the people getting charged for the texts can call customer services and theyll get the charges credited back to them.
Highlighted
Topics: 570
Solutions: 3,783

Text costs

Are you saying that the P&G friends have free sms to O2 numbers and they are being charged incorrectly?

If that is the case, then it can take a couple of working days for your number to be registered on the system after either porting in your number from another network or migrating your number from P&G to monthly contract.

Your friends will be re-credited if they contact customer service and explain the situation.

Hope this helps
Highlighted
Anonymous

Text costs

Cheers guys, sorry for the bad wording.