Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Text and Web false advertising

Guys, The old version was better.

Better for you, not better for everyone. I don't want to top up more than £10 for unlimited web.
If you want to switch, Which I would say not to. You have to switch to a different tariff. Wait a month and switch back.. That is all I can think off.

Seems a long-winded method, but you may be right in saying it's the only way.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Bizarrely enough, the customer service representative who told me the website was incorrect may have been right all along. Have a look at the Text and Web tariff pages now:

Which means the points I raised in my original email still stand.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Looks like they have put it back to the old tariff version Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,894

Perhaps someone at O2 has read this thread or they think the new deal was too popular and would have a too detrimental effect profits.
Highlighted
Anonymous

confused

I have just seen the o2 advert on television about the text and web tariff top up £15 get unlimited web and 500 texts. If you text LINK and I cannot remember the number. But on the website says different.

Basically you are saying people who signed up before the introductory period will not benefit from topping up (assuming) £10=300 texts + unlimited web or £15= 500 texts+unlimited web? (If this tariff does exist) Wouldn't us the customer have the choice to opt into this, especially customers who have been with them for years? Starting to feel cheated.... :mansurprised: Smiley Mad I can't say I am surprised.

EDITED BY E63o2 found out bout tariff but still confused. Sorry.

It does exist http://freesim.o2.co.uk/

What I want to know, is it what it says on the tin..."introductory"? This unlimited texts for £10 was for the month only within the introductory time scale? After that it then goes to 300 texts + unlimited web =£10 top up
Highlighted
Anonymous

I agree, it's very confusing. As you say, there is conflicting advice about the allowances across the site. This is the main tariff page:

I'm guessing that is the page most likely to be correct, but I really don't know. Because here are the terms and conditions:

Highlighted
Anonymous

Just for clarity The ASA will not be interested and will point you to trading standards.
The information on any companys website is not deamed advertising by the ASA I know as complained about a different companies advertising and website and was told by the ASA that they can only deal with advertising pointing me to trading standards for web content.
If the information was a popup advert different but not content on the companys own website.
Hope that helps
Also the current T&C for text and web say this
Available to Pay & Go customers.
Text and Web gives you either:
300 inclusive UK texts and Unlimited Web provided you have topped-up between £10 and £14 in the previous month;
500 inclusive UK texts and Unlimited Web provided you have topped-up between £15 and £29 in the previous month; or
Unlimited inclusive UK texts and Unlimited Web provided you have topped-up £30 or more in the previous month.

Which backs up the screen shot above

Yeah I should have looked into it before I made my post tbh, they'd only respond if it was a 3rd party advert on the o2 website, oh well!
Bizarrely enough, the customer service representative who told me the website was incorrect may have been right all along.

Well nice to see a bit of honesty but it's still out of order.

This is the piece of information that was incorrect, seems to have been corrected now:
http://www.o2.co.uk/explore/tariffs/paygo

"Top-up £10 - £14
Get Unlimited UK texts"

So evidently, the person/s responsible for updating this information forgot to update it when it should have been; on time.

Could someone please tell me how to switch on to the old tariff, as I can't seem to find it anywhere Smiley Indifferent Thanks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

This is the piece of information that was incorrect, seems to have been corrected now:
http://www.o2.co.uk/explore/tariffs/paygo

But the T&C do not agree with that page, as highlighted by my post above with screen captures.

The problems go on, that page says "Top-up £15 - £29: Get unlimited UK texts and unlimited". The last word is missing:

But at least we can guess what it is. :womanindifferent: