cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and Web charge question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I had a quick look round and couldn't find the question.

I recently changed to a iphone 5 (don't think the handset change is relevant) and at the same time changed to the simplicity unlimited texts + 1 gig web tariff.

I changed over to this tarif on the 10th and put the £17.50 on to get my 3000 texts and 1 gig of web. Since then I have only sent a couple of texts, browsed the interenet, used some apps etc.

I put £20 on, which once the monthly charge came off left me with £2.50. Today I noticed I'm now down to £1.25.

I can't see any small print in my tarrif or think of any reason why an app or something wouldn't use up my 1 gig limit and I've not used the phone nearly enough in 2 days or made any phonecalls etc.

I don't want to go to O2 and ask right now, although that will be my next step, but I was hoping the community might be able to help, any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Not really sure about this one.  The only thing I can think of is that, as you changed tariffs, there is an outstanding charge or pro-rata charge remaining from your previous tariff.  Mobile providers charge the tariff up front and extra charges in arrears.  It could be a layover from your previous agreement as charges can take up to 48 hours to appear on your bill.  Also, media messages, messages to 6**** numbers and voice messages come off your credit.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Message 2 of 4

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The new iOS is at fault in this case most likely. It's an extremely leaky design. Hence why I'm back on ios5.

Even when using wifi it can still be using your data allocation:( have you checked your data usage?

Type *#10# call to see your balance or call 4444 and follow the instructions.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I will just keep an eye on it, might have just been a one off, but if it keeps happening it could be something I have on that's charging outside my free texts, picture texts and web, but I'll have to just find out what!

Message 4 of 4