Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and MMS messages

Pictures
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why is it that whenever I send a long text it changes it to an MMS after I've clicked "send" without even a warning that it was going to convert my text message and thus charges me for the privilege of not physically or manually counting the amount of characters I have used? This is just a money making scam to get people to fall into it unintentionally in my opinion. There should be a warning before sending that this is going to happen.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Pictures 

Check your phone settings to turn on character count.

Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Pictures 

Look at this Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

Edited to add, my Samsung phone ALWAYS alerts me when it converts to MMS, so I can go back and edit my text.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Looks like you've been struggling with this issue for the past couple of years @Pictures ?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Picture-messaging/m-p/1133714

Let us know what phone you have so we can advise how to fix it for you, or simply call O2 and place a zero spend cap on your account, which will stop them sending too.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Edit for spelling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4