cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text & Web top up question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could someone explain how the following works?

I have just ordered a PAYG SIM on Text & Web and will be a new O2 customer.

When the SIM arrives, hopefully in the next few days, I presume it will have no credit, hence I intend to top-up by £10 when it arrives.

The T&C say that I will get "300 free UK texts and unlimited internet if I topped up £10 in the PREVIOUS month" Now, this bit confuses me... do I have to wait a month to get the benefit of the 300 mins and unlimited internet, or will that start immediately?

Second, if I top up £10 for the first time on 1st April, then another £10 on 1st May etc (in order to get my free texts and unlimited internet continuously) there may come a time when I end up with more credit than I need (it may start to build up if I am not making enough calls to use it). So, if I decide not to top up on 1st June (for example) I will cease to get free UK texts and unlimited internet. At that point, if I decide to use the internet, how much will it cost? I can't find a price for using the internet, when it's not free. Or is it just not possible to use it at all?

Many thanks to anyone who can answer these questions for me.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will get your Text and Web allowance the first time you top up as long as this is the tariff the SIM is set up for.

Also outside of your web allowance, it will cost £3 per megabyte to connect to mobile web services.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its all explained in the little booklet you get with the SIM, so don't worry. Or look in the help section of the O2 website, the phrase you want is anniversary date.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, both of you, for your replies - much appreciated.

Sorry, another question now, as the SIM has just arrived in the post. Not sure whether to open the sealed envelope until I know the answer to this....

I ordered the SIM during a web chat with an O2 rep via the O2 website. I made it clear I was wanting one on Text & Web - all my questions, and his responses, were about that tariff.

The envelope that has just arrived says on the outside "Favourite Place" and gives an exampe that if you top up £10 a month you get "£10 credit + 500 mins to UK landlines or O2 mobiles (from your postcode)". This is not the deal I wanted. Do you think they have sent the wrong SIM, or is this just some generic marketing on the envelope and in fact I can have the Text & web tariff ?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I think they may have just sent you the wrong pack. Favourite place is the default Tariff on O2.

The favourite place tariff won't activate till you send a postcode in, so although I cannot promise this will work, you could fire up the sim, add your top up then call 2202 and choose text & web as your tariff. Wait a day or so and then it should tell you when it's been completed.

Worst case is you have to wait a month to move tariffs.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't do it! Topping up will activate the tariff. The best thing to do is either go into an O2 store and give them a call.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for delayed reply - have been away. Many thanks for the advice - I will do as you suggest. Thanks again.
Message 7 of 7