Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Text & Web abroad

Hi All

Ive just noticed that text messages from spain to the uk are only 10p and i just want to check if those charges are included with the text and web tarrif with unlimited messages? also does the free web service still apply being abroad if the charges are the same as being here?
Thanks guys and gals

Wayne
Highlighted
Anonymous

Text & Web abroad

The free allowance is only available in the UK, not when you are roaming.
Where did you see that texts from spain are 10p? That's not what it says on the O2 website.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Text & Web abroad

[ Edited ]
That's not what it says on the O2 website.

From the o2 website
http://www.o2international.co.uk/standa ... _data.aspx
Highlighted
Anonymous

Texts from abroad

I've just returned from Croatia (which is classed as Eastern Europe) where I was being charged 50p per text out and 20p per text received! During a day trip to Venice (Western Europe) texts were 10p out and free to receive. I know this isn't Spain but still in Western Europe!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Text & Web abroad

Interesting, that must have changed recently. When I last looked it was 11p for the EU. Great that prices have been reduced!
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

Re: Texts from abroad

I've just returned from Croatia (which is classed as Eastern Europe) where I was being charged 50p per text out and 20p per text received! During a day trip to Venice (Western Europe) texts were 10p out and free to receive. I know this isn't Spain but still in Western Europe!

20p to receive? I wasn't aware that you have to pay to receive a text in Eastern Europe or anywhere else in the world on O2.