Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering abroad

BGT1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is my second visit to Canada trying to tether. I have a bolt on travel package but cannot tether to our iPads. I have good 4G signal strengthen and our friends on Vodaphone using the same local service provider are having no problem. O2 say it’s down to the local service provider but this is clearly not the case. Any ideas please?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Hi @BGT1 

I'm afraid O2 don't allow tethering when roaming on a travel plan outside of the EU. In order to tether, you need to opt out of the travel plan and pay the standard rate for data which is £7.20 per mb in Canada. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Hi @BGT1 

I'm afraid O2 don't allow tethering when roaming on a travel plan outside of the EU. In order to tether, you need to opt out of the travel plan and pay the standard rate for data which is £7.20 per mb in Canada. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

BGT1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you MI5 for that. Bizarre that having spoken to two separate Gurus on different occasions they both felt it was a local network issue which it obviously isn’t!
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No worries 😉

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4