Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service

Pickle12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 32 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My new phone was faulty, it wouldn’t hold its charge. They arranged for a courier to bring a new one. They didn’t text me and when he turned up on our doorstep , he wanted the faulty phone, but obviously I hadn’t reset it so he left without giving me the phone.

I was told I needed to get the account holder to ring them to arrange a specific day for tne phone to be delivered and collected. This was done. 
mum waiting in after having reset my phone in readiness, only to be told they haven’t arranged for it to be sent. I wasn’t allowed to speak to a supervisor and tne adviser cut me off. I’m now waiting to speak to an agent again on live chat 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Pickle12 According to what you said in this post Solved: Terrible service - O2 Community O2 sent a courier who came to collect the phone, but you weren't ready to give it to them. Whose fault is that?

If you want quotes, read this from the T&C's:

3. Your Minimum Period and ending your Agreement - Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement has a minimum term called a Minimum Period, which could be as short as 30 days. After the Minimum Period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days' Notice (unless any other statutory or regulatory rules apply) and you will have to pay Charges incurred during this notice period.

Unless specified otherwise (such as in your Tariff Terms), if you want to end the Agreement during the Minimum Period or we end this Agreement as a result of your material breach, then you will have to pay an Early Termination Charge which amounts to no more than your Monthly Subscription Charges multiplied by the number of months left in your Minimum Period, including VAT (calculated at the prevailing rate).

If you've taken Equipment on a Device Plan (e.g. O2 Refresh/custom plan customers), then at whatever point you end your Agreement with us you will have to pay off your Device Plan in full unless the Device Plan constitutes an Unrelated Agreement that you have decided not to end. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 21 of 31

Pickle12
  • 32 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Firstly, 02told me the courier was supposed to send a message that they were going to collect the phone .

They didn’t.

I therefore hadn’t reset the phone . 

I think we can safely say that was either 02s fault or the courier ?

Message 22 of 31

Pickle12
  • 32 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Secondly the bits you’ve put in red are irrelevant. If there was money to pay, a person would have to pay it.

The issue, as I again state is what you’ve yourself quoted . The statutory obligation they have. 

[Removed]

Message 23 of 31

Pickle12
  • 32 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve already asked that question today from one person at 02 who was very helpful. Nothing will be owed .In theory , one pays for one’s calls, that’s it

Ive literally no idea why a customer would want to give the impression that another customer should have no phone and terrible service, and be at fault and have to pay for something that isn’t their fault .There is even more I could say. But at this point I haven’t as too much said , it’s gone on a month.

Message 24 of 31

Bambino
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Pickle12 I have no vested interest in whether you do or don't have a phone or if you had terrible service. I'm just passing on what I have seen when other customers have had similar situations to yours, and 99% of the time O2 wins these disputes. If you are the exception, good for you, but you need to understand that many times the people you speak to in customer service, however helpful you think they are, will not be knowledgeable, and will tell you what you want to hear so they can end the call. You only need to do a search on the forum to see how O2 deals with non-payments. I can tell you it doesn't make for pleasant reading. It's not my intent to see you have a bad outcome as a result of this. I'm just telling you what I know of others who have had similar issues in the past.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 25 of 31

Pickle12
  • 32 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To address your points

1.Firstly saying you are going to end a contract doesn’t make you a non payer.

2.Who said I was entering into a dispute?

If I was going to I’d have sent them them the breach of contract letter 

3. I don’t think the people in their customer services are helpful  🤷‍

4. Just because you think most people who post on here are fools with no knowledge of the law, doesn’t make me one.

5.I’m not affected by what 99% of what people on here say or do. 
6.I’ve already told you I got legal advice!!!!!

7.02 will rightly be embarrassed by what’s happened here. 
8. Sad you feel the need to try to catch someone out:”Who’s fault was that!”

9. Please don’t tell people they haven’t a leg to stand on legally, you’re wrong, and others might think that’s correct.

Goodnight 

Message 26 of 31

Bambino
  • 24019 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

Nowhere in any of my replies did I refer to anyone who posts on here as a fool.

[Removed]

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 27 of 31

Pickle12
  • 32 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I forgot to add, I also rang up 02 and arranged for the swap to be done a second time. Someone waited in all day, it never turned up. 
I then rang 02 who denied all knowledge, yet they record their phone calls.

Message 28 of 31

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Have you had any progress getting the phone replaced @Pickle12?

Message 29 of 31

Dniii
Level 1: Joiner
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I agree with this they cant deal with a change in the script because they are based in foreign call centres. because they dont understand this leads to more calls and online chats. I dont grasp why big companies dont see that cheap labour isn't cheaper when it just causes more problems and unhappy customers.

Only time i can ever speak to someone english on the phone with o2 is late sunday evenings or if you go through to retentions

Message 30 of 31