cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently made the very bad decision to join O2 and have had the pleasure of spending the last 10 days without a working phone because they have messed up porting my old number.

This was then topped off today by one of O2 representatives hanging up on me when I was complaining to him. From my experience don't join O2 unless you enjoy being messed about.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you feel that O2 have not treated you as expected use the complaints review service http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... but I would recommend using the email option not the live chat that pops up takes longer but worth it.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you feel that O2 have not treated you as expected use the complaints review service http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... but I would recommend using the email option not the live chat that pops up takes longer but worth it.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seem's very odd, i've always experienced excellent customer service over the years whenever i've contacted O2 either by phone or online.

They have always sorted out any issue or query i've had very quickly.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I usually find it depends on how you approach these kind of issues.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We're all human and revert to type when under pressure.

Perhaps the 02 employee was having that kind of day, although this is no excuse to do that, or the call simply failed.
Message 5 of 10

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi there.

Do you not have an O2 temporary number in the mean time, or did it get really messed up?

You can take some assurance that O2's complaints are the lowest out of all the networks and hopefully when this porting issue is resolved then you have no reason to feel like this again.

As a side note to "having one of those days" - when I'm having one...

...I update Samsung phones with Odin....muhahahahahaha.

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122367 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have to say as a customer for years with O2 on PAYG, my experience with the CS reps has always been good. I find them to be very helpful and considerate without being pushy (i.e. to take on more expensive options) I recently changed to Contract and the advisor I had was brilliant. She knew I was unsure of various issues to do with changing phones and confusion relating to tariffs and left it with me, saying if I wanted to talk more to her, when I felt ready then I could. With the help of this forum, they traced the CS in question. She rang me back and due to her advice and support..I changed phone and contract. Even though I am no longer with PAYG the same advisor rang me again 'to check all was well'. In my opinion, THAT is what I call good service. So well done O2 (and this forum):smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also had issues all this year and last, I live in kent,an upgraded phone sent to my address in Sheffield!!! Ive never lived there, my wifes new sim for iphone sent to my other address in Halifax what the F--- is going on, Im promised a new phone on a wednesday but it went up country, so got a new phone on the friday, guess what it was faulty on 3 counts, promised doorstep swap on the following monday, that never happened. Now last Saturday 25 got a text and email saying my security question has been changed and obviously the answer, contact o2 security, so on Monday 27th april I tried but was twice denied access to speak with them was told by a female I wont name names but I have names of all I spoke with and times and what was said but was told security no longer consider it a breech, what the hell someone has changed my security question!!!! not a breech some security. I was promised a call back by another female manager but that never came, I rang again this morning 28th April at 08.40 and was assured by J---, that his Manager, would call me in 30 minutes but in no more than an hour, Im still waiting 19.00, but at 10.20 spoke with another operator who got her manager to come on the phone, basically had loads of hassle for over a year, they linked my wifes phone to someone elses account, so thay paid my wifes bill for 13  months, o2 in their kindness say they will credit me the money paid so that when that person claims it back it wont cost me. well the law says it shouldnt cost me anyway they made the mistake, if you pay £10 for something in a shop the manager cant come to you later and say that was £15 and expect you to give them a fiver, their mistake their loss, so they made me a goodwill gesture to cover their mistake, then i have been given £30 credit thats just over two months air time, for all that hassle. I have had on two occassions other peoples names on my account, one a female and when my wife saw it she thought there was something going on I tried to explain why this womans name was on my account, then to cap it all they o2 have blocked my wifes phone because her name is not that of the womans phone that is on my account, i have emailed this to the ceo but got the usual response from that woman, so soon as my iphone 4s is paid for at £ 10 month on their plan Im off, only £80 to pay so will probaly pay  it off and go.

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's an awful series of events. When o2 mess up they do it big time that's for sure and no one seems to take the responsibility of sorting it out,  just pass the buck between departments.  I think you will get a response from one of the ceo's underlings at some stage. 

Message 9 of 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm about to send a PM to you

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 10