cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Unreliable Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

I've noticed this past year the signal from O2 hasn't been what it used to.

My iPhone 6 is now rarely (if ever) connected to 4G for any longer than 5 minutes, but worse the connection randomly cuts out entirely, resulting in a lot of missed calls. Instead of a call I receive the "you missed a call" text message, and it happens almost on a daily basis.

According to the phone I always have a full 3G signal at the very least, yet it doesn't seem to have reliable coverage, especially during peak hours when it cannot even load a google search.

I don't mind a 3g connection, but what I now have is worse than GPRS! 

Anyone else have this issue?!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check here for any local mast issues http://status.o2.co.uk/ and if you can, turn off 4g so the phone doesn't keep trying to connect to it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check here for any local mast issues http://status.o2.co.uk/ and if you can, turn off 4g so the phone doesn't keep trying to connect to it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that MI5, it does say a mast near me isn't working...and my connection has never been as bad as it is currently...

...I'll let them off, for now! yahoo

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Download the MyNetwork app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network and keep reporting the fault through it - just to remind them they need to fix it wink

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

mdoswell49
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Likewise. It started at the beginning of July but O2 just can't solve the problems. According to Tesco, I have no 4G in my area! Are O2 decommissioning masts on the quiet?
Message 5 of 5