Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Terrible Returns/Data safety

I recently returned a faulty handset (HTC Desire) which I upgraded to. This was last Tuesday, via the freepost service (London to the midlands. I was advised by O2 customer services that Special Delivery was not necessary). The handset has still not been booked onto the O2 returns system a week later,. As such, I am unable to re-upgrade to a properly working handset. Customer services, while very friendly, have been unable to asssist with this matter. Apparently the problem lies with the repairs teams "acceptable" turnaround for returned handsets. This was quoted as 5 working days when I initially returned the handset, but has now been extended to 7 working days. Meanwhile, I am stuck with an out of warranty handset and paying for a contract for which I do not have a new handset (My understanding was a new handset would be provided as part of this new contract, when signing up for another 18 months). I am unable to cancel my agreement until the O2 have bothered to add the handset to their system.
O2 used to be a very good realiable company, but I have had nothing but issues for the last week. On an unrelated note, my girlfriend recently had to deal with an issue where O2 had added her bank account details to her mother's account for a direct debit. Neither my girlfriend or her mother requested or authorised this change. To add insult to injury, O2 even had the nerve to get my girlfriend to sort it out and get her mother to transfer her the money she owed her. I presume O2 just took it upon themselves to assume that they get along (which they do, thanksfully - but what would have happened if they didn't?). We are eagerly awaiting the results of the investigation by O2's fraud team.
In summary, not only do O2 sign you up to agreements they seemingly do not fulfil,your bank details are not safe in their possession either.
Has anyone else had similar treatment? I will ensure that I tell as many people as possible how pathetic the service my girlfriend and I have received in the last few weeks has been.
Anonymous

Re: Terrible Returns/Data safety

In addition, does anyone know who I should contact to make an official complaint? Cust services just tell me there is nothing they can do to reolve the matter.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

You can use the complaint review service info in the support section or many threads on here. http://tinyurl.com/39pky2b

You need to state the problem
What you have done
What you want o2 to do
All with true facts.
Did you get a certificate of posting?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Yes, the post office lady game me one. This was passed to O2 yesterday. Apparently its not worth the paper it's printed on until the 7 days are up, when they will look into the matter further.
I think there is a moral to the story here somewhere.. probably to do with not being loyal to a network provider and buying telephones online Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
The issue at the moment is the delay caused by the weather we have not had a delivery in the last 4 working days.
P.s. sending special delivery at present has no guarntee again due to the weather. http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump ... =112300784
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Does this mean I could be waiting several weeks for this to be resolved?

It could do but you can prove when you sent it back within the 14 days.
CRS have to investigate fully, and the issue as far as i can see it is out of your and o2's control due to the weather.
Apple Watch series 4

Anonymous

I'm actually surprised no one mentioned the weather sooner. I could have just about accepted that if they'd have said that up front. Rather sadly they blamed it entirely on the returns department/warehouse not booking the handset onto their system and kept assuring me it would be done soon/ within the next day or two. Hence why I have been so irritated by the whole process (or lack of it).

I am sure you will get it resolved in the end.
The postal issue has affected many people including courrier deliveries from o2 for new contracts and upgrades.
"Off topic"
I am at present awaiting for a router for my parents new adsl install I was lucky to have a spare as they went live 3 days ago and still no sign of the router and we have just had first post in 4 days(not on o2 as rural and would only get access).
Apple Watch series 4