Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible 4g

Clive3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why is my 4g speed consistently terrible? Even when O2 are saying we are doing work on nearby masts, the signal is consistently rubbish. Ive not seen it go above 5Mbps. Not even into double figures. I have a three 4g router which manages betwixt 30 and 70 mbps download consistently..O2 is soooo rubbish. Im going to leave in Dec for sure when my 12 month contract expires.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Clive3
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Using a Samsung note10+ 5g, with 5g turned off.
Message 2 of 5

Clive3
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried switching down to 3g, download speeds just as bad....and the 5mb or less download is at all sorts of times. (Morning, noon and night)  Im just off the M2 in ME5 area, your signal checker doesnt report any problems....its always been bad. If O2 still using cellnet infrastructure then it shouldn't surprise me.  

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Clive3 

could be a capacity issue which won't get any better until your area is upgraded.

Have you reported the issue through the My Network app?

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Clive3
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply...I think you are right, though Im not waiting around for this to be sorted at £20 a month. I was paying EE £16 and got a far better signal and download speed, shame their customer services were abysmal, but that aside the EE 4g was around 70mb download inside my house. So 5mb from O2 is quite pathetic to be fair. Inferior seevice for more money....no thanks. As they say on Dragon's Den,.....and its for that reason.....Im out!
Message 5 of 5