cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terms of the contract different to the service provided

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a big problem with my O2 service. I have moved from O2 pay and go to pay monthly about two months ago. The deal was agreed using online chat and the switch over went fairly smooth. The service I am receiving since the first day of my new pay monthly contract is different to the one agreed prior to the switch. Instead of having 16pound per month bills I am being asked to pay 40pound. Instead of agreed international rate of 1 pence per minute I am being charged 1.25. Please help. I have contacted cusomer service dozens of times but go in the loop. Have sent complaint already two weeks ago. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum. No one here can help you with contractual or account related issues. You have to persevere with Customer Service or the complaint service to try to get your issues resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understant you guys can't really help to resolve this problem. Im just posting here so others can be aware of the potential problems and also other might have had similar problems in the past and might be able to advise on what I could o to get this roblem resolved. 

Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AnonymousDid you take out a Refresh contract which is split into 2 parts? Airtime and Device plan https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

That could account for the extra charges.

Also advice on first bill here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm sorry but I agree with @Bambino only customer service or complaints can help you. Keep calling them until you get an advisor who will help you. If you don't hear from complaints in the next few days then send the complaint again. Bear in mind the timescales for complaints is 7-10 working days so you need to allow for weekends, Christmas & New Year. 

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have got a simple and cheap sim only deal. The fact it's cheap is probably the reason why O2 doesn't care. It's £16 so not worth to put any effort to keep me. The charges are for international calls which I make regularly to my family. Instead of promised 1 pence per minute I was charged £1.25 and more. Now they claim such tariff doesn't exist. 

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you are on the international trial your bill will be adjusted for international calls.
Check with customer service if you are registered for the trial https://www.o2.co.uk/intertrial
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous are you able to provide us with an update on your situation? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

There isn't much good news to update on 😞

I have raised a complaint now. They have acknowledged a miscommunication and mis-selling a product but offered nothing to get out of the situation. Hopefully I will get this months bill nullified but the coming ones are a big question mark. 

Options given by complaints team slight_smile

- Stick with the contract they gave me even if I have not agreed to it. 

- Terminate the contract and pay the eraly termination fees and go through the nightmare of transferring number again

- contact Ombudsman

To no surprise I have selected option number three. 

Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good luck with this @Anonymous I don't think much of the first two options. You should be allowed to leave without penalty. 

Message 10 of 13