cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination fee

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hoping for help so thanks in advance.
I've just left o2 (Thursday 4th January) and ported my number over to ee. I know I need to pay £35 to terminate early and my bill was due out on the 11th of this month but I've cancelled my dd till I know the whole amount I owe. If I pay line rental in advance then doesn't that mean I've already paid for January? So the bill amount due should be void? I know I owe some charges on calls for January but surely that should be all I pay, on top of the termination fee?
Thanks again for any help
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Your final bill will be generated by now but as you have ported your number you will need to call CS to get the full amount and pay it off.
Contact details here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Ways to pay here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Your final bill will be generated by now but as you have ported your number you will need to call CS to get the full amount and pay it off.
Contact details here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Ways to pay here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill/ba-p/1014090
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23075 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous You should not have canceled your Direct Debit until you received a zero bill. You've probably created more problems for yourself. You need to speak to Customer Service to get this issue resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I only cancelled my dd because I've had problems with o2 in the past taking over £200 out of my account in error. I wanted to know how much I owe before they just helped themselves. Thanks
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
So am I wrong about the paying in advance issue?
Thanks
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
You can make a payment anytime you like and it will come off your bill, but you will need to keep checking until everything is fully paid up or else they will screw your credit rating up for the next 6 years.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I obviously intend to pay it all. I just want to make sure what I'm paying is the right amount. Can I just ask again, if I pay in advance... Have I not already paid for January? Thanks
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Yes you have paid a month in advance.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Appreciate your help greatly
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144349 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Anytime mate

Don't forget you have to give or pay 30 days notice too.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11