Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination Fees

Willjones88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently ported out of o2 due to the price increase. I received an email to say that because of these increases I was able to leave without any termination fees. My account is an airtime plan and a refresh. When I received my final bill , I was shocked to see that I had been charged £880 in termination fees. I rang up o2 and after explaining the situation my account was credited with the same amount. As the cited was added in a new billing cycle, I was told I had to clear the balance first and once the new bill was generated with the credit applied would show that a refund was due. I was told that if I didn’t settle this months bill then my my account could be subject to a late payment fee and impact in my credit score. Can someone advise me further on this please.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Willjones88 

I'd call payment management and see if they will defer payment for you.

Their number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Willjones88 

If as you are on a refresh plan, you still have to pay off the device plan element of your bill.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Willjones88
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My account isn’t a refresh tarrif. I queried the charges and they have added credit to my account of the same amount. My issue is that I have to settle this £880 payment myself for it to then refunded once the next bill is generated
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You said it was refresh in your first post?
Either way, you'll need to pay it even if it is refunded later.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Willjones88
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My error it’s meant to say it’s an airtime plan and not a refresh.
The expectation that I pay this amount due to o2 adding the termination fees in error isn’t right though is it? I physically can’t afford an to pay the £880 bill.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Willjones88 

I'd call payment management and see if they will defer payment for you.

Their number in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Willjones88
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the advice
If payment was deferred, by the time the next bill is generated, it should show a zero balance because of the credit on the account?
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's what I'm thinking, yes...

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8