cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminating O2 sim early

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I have the 600 minutes, 300 O2 minutes, Unlimited texts, and 500MB data sim-only contract. It started in May 2012.

5 months down the line, I wish I never got it. I'm a keen internet user on my iPhone. 70% of the time, the signal on O2 always drops down to EDGE. I think O2 are a great network for signal - wherever I go, except for one room at Uni, I always have signal. 

But, I'm getting an iPhone 5 soon (from Apple), and I'd like to change to the Three network. They offer unlimited data, which O2 don't, and they have the fast 3G data - speeds of 21Mbps. On O2, the fastest someone I know can get on their iPhone 5 is about 5Mbps. Three are cheaper too.

If I want to end the contract early, will I need to pay the remainder of the contract? Or is there anything else I can do? £15.50 x 7 months = £108.50. I suppose if I need to give a month's notice, my next bill would have been paid by then brining the cost down to £93, but is it worth it? Or is it free to disconnect? I'd try giving the sim contract to someone else but I want the same number - it's great - I learned it within 2 minutes!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If you want to terminate early, you'd pay off the remaining line rental.  No discounts, or any additional charges.  Just what you would have paid in line rental.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it affect my credit rating by doing this?

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

scott93 wrote: I'd try giving the sim contract to someone else but I want the same number - it's great - I learned it within 2 minutes!

I think you need to ask for your PAC to keep and transfer your number.

Using it on another network will give 30 days notice to O2 who should then produce a final bill for you to pay the outstanding balance.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5