Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary foreign SIM

lostlucy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a SIM only contract with O2. I have just arrived in Vietnam and as I will be here for about a month it seems worth getting a local SIM just while I am here. I thought because it was a SIM only plan I wouldn't have an issue just switching mine out for a month. When I tried this my phone wouldn't connect to the local network with an error: SIM Network Unlock PIN....
How can I fix this so I can use a local SIM while I am here?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@lostlucy 

You phone is obviously locked so needs unlocking before it will take a different sim

How to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

It would have been better had you done the unlock before leaving home. However if you have any problems then maybe @EmilieT  could help?

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@lostlucy 

You phone is obviously locked so needs unlocking before it will take a different sim

How to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

It would have been better had you done the unlock before leaving home. However if you have any problems then maybe @EmilieT  could help?

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @lostlucy , and welcome to the forum Wave 

The guide @Cleoriff  shared above should help get this sorted, but please let us know how you get on with this and if you need any additional help. I hope you have a great time in Vietnam as well! sun

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3