Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tastecard on phone bill

bowie75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am I able to stop external services from charging money to my o2 bill each month? 

Tastecard are taking £4 a month, I have never used it, but they want my membership number before they'll cancel it. I don't know my membership number as I've never used it! 

Apprantly they're unable to find my membership through the phone number used to bill.... 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@bowie75

The only way to block charges from being applied is by calling Customer Services, and asking for them to block payforit / mobile charges being made.

Full details here: https://www.o2.co.uk/charge-to-mobile
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Call and ask them to place a bar on Charge To Mobile and to put a zero spend cap on your account

Not sure if that will stop an existing subscription tbh

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Message 4 of 5

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@bowie75 wrote:

Am I able to stop external services from charging money to my o2 bill each month? 

Tastecard are taking £4 a month, I have never used it, but they want my membership number before they'll cancel it. I don't know my membership number as I've never used it! 

Apprantly they're unable to find my membership through the phone number used to bill.... 

You are discovering the problem with paying for third party services through your phone bill. O2 are not an FCA regulated payment provider. If they were, they would be required to stop further payments to Tastecard if you asked them to.

You will need to get Tastecard to stop the charges, as a Charge to Mobile bar doesn't affect existing subscriptions. 

You should be receiving texts telling you how to stop these payments. Make sure that you are not blocking them on your phone..

If you ask O2 to place a Charge to Mobile bar on your account, you should be safe from any similar subscriptions in the future.

In our view, all consumers should ask for this bar. Paying for "third party" services through your phone bill is unsafe and unregulated.

Paul

payforitsucks.co.uk 

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 5 of 5