cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariffs wef 24/6 Simplicity switchover - Data Cap

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all,

Lots of you taking out simplicity tariffs in anticipation of beating the data cap.

I'm still unsure it's full proof. Checked out the simplicity small print ie terms and conditions and it says this -

O2 reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any element of the Pay & Go simplicity terms, If we amend any of these to your disadvantage we will notify you. Notice will be provided by text message. Changes will be effective immediately upon our having notified you.

That seems fairly clear cut to me. It implies terms and conditions include data cap can come in at any time.

Anyone disagree? Had two conversations now with customer services and in store and they tell me I'll be ok. My suspicious nature tells me the small print will override whatever I'm told.

Comment welcome
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all,
Lots of you taking out simplicity tariffs in anticipation of beating the data cap.
I'm still unsure it's full proof. Checked out the simplicity small print ie terms and conditions and it says this -

O2 reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any element of the Pay & Go simplicity terms, If we amend any of these to your disadvantage we will notify you. Notice will be provided by text message. Changes will be effective immediately upon our having notified you.

That seems fairly clear cut to me. It implies terms and conditions include data cap can come in at any time.
Anyone disagree? Had two conversations now with customer services and in store and they tell me I'll be ok. My suspicious nature tells me the small print will override whatever I'm told.
Comment welcome

Have you read the forums, there has been loads written about this?

😞
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all,

Comment welcome

I have just read through the pay monthly Simplicity T&C's and things are written slightly differently, although say much the same.

Quite simply, take a monthly Simplicity until you are sure, then upgrade it to the 12month contract version, if you want to save yourself a fiver per month.

Simplicity is a win win tarif in my opinion.
Message 3 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
You could say it's "full proof" (sic). wink
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I remember a while back someone on one of Vodaphone's older "unlimited" tarrifs had used over 500mb of useage and received additional charges.
They complained to an adverising ombudsman stating it wasn't fit to be advertised as unlimited because it indeed had a limit of 500mb

Because Vodaphone could prove and provide information / statistics to show that the majority of users didn't use anywhere near that, the ombudsman ruled in Vodaphone's favour and they were continued to allow it to be advertised as "unlimited"

O2 have stats to prove that 97% of smart phone users don't use over 500mb average a month, hence changing new tarrifs to 500mb data allowance inclusive.
Existing "unlimited" tarrifs will remain running as "unlimited" but subject to FUP....

Can anyone else see people on "unlimited" tarrifs being subject to the FUP for going over 500mb?
Message 5 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
It would appear that the ombudsman struggles with the English language too. 😐

Unlimited means without limit or infinite.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just been on the phone to O2 about this, as I'm disgusted with Vodafone changing the terms of my contract mid-term, and charging £5/500mb if you go over the first 500mb. I was sold it as unlimited, and have always hovered around 1-1.5GB/mth.

Anyway, I was told that the 12mth O2 Simplicity contract would keep unlimited data for the full term, but a monthly rolling one is treated differently, and if I took one now, then after the first month the new charges would apply.

Can anyone confirm this for me? I've taken out a 12mth contract now, but still have 14 days to cancel if needs be.

Thanks
Message 7 of 7