Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Tariffs, data and bolt-ons

I've just upgraded to the HTC Desire and am paying £35 p/m with a £5 bolt-on for data.
Can anyone confirm whether I get 500mb already as part of my smartphone tariff and that the bolt-on effectively puts my allowance up to 1Gb?
If so, I was mis-sold my contract and am not happy with O2. The website is also awful for anyone tryng to glean any useful information about this sort of thing.
Cheers.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Tariffs, data and bolt-ons

http://www.o2.co.uk/newdatatariffs
says £35 with £5 smartphone bolton giving you 500mb
How many included mins of calls do you get?
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

300 mins of calls, but that's nor relevant because I rarely use it for calls these days.
So, there's no inclusive allowance as such. The table is not at all clear if that's the case. Still, at least that's what I was sold so not so #### now.
Anyone have examples of monthly usage for average use incl. social media? 500mb doesn't sound like that much to me tbh.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

so you are on the 18 month contract then. and it is correct only 500mb if you select the 18 month tariff on the shop pages it says 40 when you select the tariff and handset it shows 35 and 5 in summary
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

I've just upgraded to the HTC Desire and am paying £35 p/m with a £5 bolt-on for data.
Can anyone confirm whether I get 500mb already as part of my smartphone tariff and that the bolt-on effectively puts my allowance up to 1Gb?
If so, I was mis-sold my contract and am not happy with O2. The website is also awful for anyone tryng to glean any useful information about this sort of thing.
Cheers.

How were you mis-sold? The website says that you need to pay an extra £5 for your data allowance.
If you're not happy, you can cancel your contract and return your phone if you are within the 14 day cooling off period.