Did you mean: 

Tariff upgrades

Willhub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

So I'm looking on my o2 at the upgrades I can make every month in relation to tariff switching. 

There are these "Plus" plans but do they actually have anyth different?

My S22 Ultra was taken on contract in July 2022, am I eligible for the "Switch up" aspect of what I assume the plus plans are ?

If not my airtime comes to an end in August of this year, in theory despite having hundreds left to pay off my phone could I move onto a new airtime plan that does have switch up and thus allows me to upgrade?

It all seems a bit unclear to me. 

Cheers

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions

@Willhub 

You can only use switch up if you are on a plus plan now or have the switch up bolt on (which is no longer available).

You can pay off what you owe now and take a plus plan or continue as you are until the end.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Willhub
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So what's the difference with a Plus plan now? 

When did the switch up bolt on become discontinued?

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions

@Willhub 

Bolt on was discontinued back in last summertime, the plus plans now come with switch up at no extra cost and some other benefits such as travel inclusive etc.

Plus Plans | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Willhub
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So the plus plans main benefit Is the switch up,   as the travel inclusive I already have, it seems odd it allows me to upgrade to the Plus plan now?

If I upgrade to the plus plan I don't get switch up despite that been the selling point of the plus plan? Seems flawed 

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions

Of course you get switch up @Willhub 

Everything that's in the link I gave you above. It's the option to buy the bolt on for non plus plans that's not available now.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Willhub
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's confusing because everyone seems to think different.

I'll attempt to ask O2 again,  I was under the impression because I got my s22 ultra a few months prior to switch up existing I wasn't eligible,  however of I get a plus plan I should be, so need to find out who is right 

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144567 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27726 Solutions

@Willhub 

You can't get it on your current contract.

As I said already, you need to pay off what you owe now and upgrade to a plus plan, or wait until your contract ends to do so.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Willhub
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That would make sense however as it's part of the plus plan I shouldn't be offered a plus plan but when I look at changing my tariff its giving me the options of moving to a plus plan which is for switch up so why is it offering me such plans when they have no benefits aside from charging more, it seems very flawed 

Message 9 of 11

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5853 Posts
  • 100 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Willhub 

You could try visiting your local O2 retail store in the hope that they might solve this :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

I do not think they will be able to, but it is probably worth a try. 

Please let us know the outcome. 

Message 10 of 11