cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff switching

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to know if I can switch from an O2 600 anytime to an O2 on and on tariff? Apparently I cannot do it from my online account, can anyone please help?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try calling them. 

I was on a standard sim only deal paying £15 per month, but I went over on mins a couple of times. I called and asked if I could change to an On&On tariff, this is when they first went on sale. I got told no, new customers and those upgrading only.

I left it a few months and then tried again in September. This time they said yes, but not only that, they changed me to the special offer rate of £20 rather than the standard £26.

My advice is to ignore what online chat said and try calling. The worst they can say is no.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone cs on 202 from your mobile or use live chat & see if they can help you, contact us at bottom of page then click live chat, failing that pop into your local store

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response. I've tried live chat and I've been told that On and On tariffs are available to new customers or upgrades only , which seems a bit unfair to O2's existing loyal customers who have been denied from taking advantage of a better tariff if it becomes available after they have signed up 😞 Can they really do it?
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure but their policy now is loyalty counts for nothing, everyone gets the same deals whether they are a new or existing customer, decide which tariff you want then go as a new customer then you may get what you are after

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try calling them. 

I was on a standard sim only deal paying £15 per month, but I went over on mins a couple of times. I called and asked if I could change to an On&On tariff, this is when they first went on sale. I got told no, new customers and those upgrading only.

I left it a few months and then tried again in September. This time they said yes, but not only that, they changed me to the special offer rate of £20 rather than the standard £26.

My advice is to ignore what online chat said and try calling. The worst they can say is no.

Message 5 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Good advise, online chat are very limited in their capabilities.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
Good advise, online chat are very limited in their capabilities.

they read from a script & dont know what they are talking about

Message 7 of 8

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

From what i understand, If your on a normal tariff with a phone then you wont be able to change to on and on untl the end of your contract. You can upgrade you tariff at any time but this will only give you more mins.

If you on a sim only tariff then I beleive you can change this after 6 months when you first took it out.

However ive know in the past that o2 chat say one thing, o2 customer care say another and you o2 online account say something else.

Always best to call them though, like someone has already said, they can only say no.

** One thing to note **

On and On Tariffs are a seperate tariff to those with Mins and Unlimited sms and this is why you cant swap until you are near the end of the current tariff or ready to upgrade

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 8