cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff details?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'm being thick but where are the easy to understand tariffs for Pay & Go. I put a tenner on a new sim card last month. I haven't used the phone at all and now I've got zero credit? I'm guessing somewhere in the "deal" I've signed up to it says, "Hey sucker, thanks for your money. We'll have that off you in four weeks" but I must have missed that bit?

Do O2 do a tariff that only charges me when I make calls or do all the bundles get zero'd after four weeks?

Ta

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144301 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yes, O2 basic can be offered by CS but it's a bit of a parlarva to go through when in reality they want everyone to go to giffgaff for a traditional PAYG tariff anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 31

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Just crazy, I don't know how you wangle an invitation, it must be very exclusive and used as a last resort. I would be looking at giffgaff for sure.

Message 12 of 31

MI5
  • 144301 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It is quite reasonable for the occasional user, if only it was made more available http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2basic
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It is quite reasonable for the occasional user, if only it was made more available http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2basic

I knew I had heard of it...back in the day..

Though if they want folk to go to giffgaff...no wonder they keep it by invitation only wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 31

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

There must be a lot of older customers who just want to use their phone occasionally for emergencies. It's rediculous that they have to go to another network or an MVNO. Obviously data is their main source of income but it's a shame they have seen fit to end tariffs such as text & web.

Message 15 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

My thoughts exactly @jonsie  Not every customer is a techy whiz kid. Some of the elderly generation just want a phone for 'emergencies'

Its sad... but I think this type of customer doesn't really matter...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quite simply o2 don't make money out of users that make the odd call each month or less. Regrettable but true
Message 17 of 31

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

One does not simply stay with a network that doesn't provide what you want.

If you don't believe, I'll ask Sean Bean to come on here and tell you.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 18 of 31

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Boromir.jpg

Message 19 of 31

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics