Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Tariff changes mean downgrading will actually cost you more!

Just phoned o2 to downgrade my tariff as I have reached 9 months and been told all the tariffs have changed. I am currently on the o2 40 18 month tariff. To downgrade I have to go to the new tariff which gives 600 mins and Unlimited texts (the same as what I am on already!) but I will lose data for £36.00 per month. Data will cost me an extra £6. This means to downgrade and keep data it will cost me £42.00 per month rather than the £40.00 I am currently paying. Even after requesting to speak to a manager they refused to lower my tariff further as in their eyes because the base price of the tariff is cheaper they are covered by the terms and conditions. I haven't read the terms yet to double check this but it sounds extermely unfair. Anyone have experience of this?
Anonymous

Re: Tariff changes mean downgrading will actually cost you m

Just phoned o2 to downgrade my tariff as I have reached 9 months and been told all the tariffs have changed. I am currently on the o2 40 18 month tariff. To downgrade I have to go to the new tariff which gives 600 mins and Unlimited texts (the same as what I am on already!) but I will lose data for £36.00 per month. Data will cost me an extra £6. This means to downgrade and keep data it will cost me £42.00 per month rather than the £40.00 I am currently paying. Even after requesting to speak to a manager they refused to lower my tariff further as in their eyes because the base price of the tariff is cheaper they are covered by the terms and conditions. I haven't read the terms yet to double check this but it sounds extermely unfair. Anyone have experience of this?

So, if you're already on a 600 minute tariff...surely the next tariff down is the 300 minute tariff which, including your data, is £37.00?
Anonymous

No according to the customer service representative (and their manager) the next tariff down is the 600mins (even though that's what I'm on) because it's the next one down price wise according the just the tariff price. They dont include the internet bolt on when working out the next tariff down.
Anonymous

Surely they should work out the tariff based on the minutes? :mansurprised:
Anonymous

Not according to their customer services and manager on the phone. I fired an email as this afternoon so hopefully get a reply this afternoon as it must be classed as an unfair term in the contract. Hopefully because they are so new (the tariffs) it might just be the customer service don't know their stuff but should find out soon enough.
Anonymous

I'd call back, the advisor and their manager seem to have got the wrong end of the stick here. If you go from a 600 min tariff to a 600 min tariff then you're just moving sideways to a more modern equivalent of your current tariff :-/
Anonymous

I agree, logically they are correct in that the tariff is a lower price,but as your current tariff includes data and the new ones don't surely they must look at the deal as a whole?
I'm sounding like a scratched record on this last point but, as call charges have gone so high, are you sure you want tom drop tariff anyway?
If yes, then the common sense thing to do would be to include the cost of the data bolt on as part of the tariff drop. And allow you to move to the 300 min option. ESPECIALLY as their own new rules state that a data bolt on MUST be sold with tariffs for smartphones! Did you mention that to them?
Anonymous

Ahh I didn't realise that Beaufighter. Thanks for the info. It will arm me with some info if they reply back to me and don't agree.
Anonymous

Still not heard back from O2 complaints. Chased by phone just now but no joy and the lady confirmed that their policy hasn't changed.
Anonymous

Try cs again, I moved my tariff from iPhone 30 (£30) to O2 100 (£20.50) and it came into effect today. My rationale was that if I were to go into a store and buy my same deal today, that is what I would get, the agent agreed and did it. I added th £10 1GB data bolt on to that to double my data and get tethering, you can choose any of the three data bolt ons