Did you mean: 

Tariff change

lisaspoon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I'm looking to change my o2 pay monthly tariff. I'm on a 30day rolling contract (or 30 day custom plan as they call it)

I checked the change tariff options available to me and they are ridiculously expensive for less data etc

If I order a new sim I can get the data I want for £10 a month (24month contract). I'm currently not in contract and phone was paid off over a year ago.

Is there a way to change over on to the new sim (and therefore tariff I want) without having to cancel/shut accounts etc?

If I order the new sim then port my number over will the old tariff automatically cancel (and sim not work) or do I need to still give 30 days notice on the old tariff?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@lisaspoon 

You should have an upgrade option in your MyO2.

Just follow that path and choose a sim only deal to suit.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123064 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

If you do this via USwitch who have some brilliant deals, you will be taken to the O2 website to check out @lisaspoon. It couldn't be easier.

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6649 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

If you take out a new contact as you suggest you can migrate your present number across which will close your present account.

Personally I would be carful with a 24 month contract as you will face at least 2 annual price rises during its lifetime.

Check out the comparison websites some good 12 month deals at the moment.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

lisaspoon
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ah yes - good point on that one! thank you!

Message 5 of 7

lisaspoon
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you! I'll take a look at that also!

Message 6 of 7

lisaspoon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

not sure why i didnt think of that! In my brain the upgrade option was just for phones! thanks I'll check that out too!

Message 7 of 7