cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted o2 about adding more data to my contract currently 1GB. I was given a number of options 5GB 8GB mainly. I was told i coud also look at these through the my o2 app so i did. I proceeded through the selection of said tariff it listed what i was moving from and too, showing my current bolt ons and anyway i would lose through the change. Of the four bolt on i have listed below:

50% sub discount

TU Go, Free

O2 Travel, Free &

4G Access, Free

the only one of these i would "lose" if 4G access. 

Now this really isnt much good to me, so my question is if i do change my tariff (considering i do not think i cna change back) can i apply this 4G bolt on after the change has taken affect, or is this not possible?

If any details help this was a pay monthly (with phone) contract (24 months) which expired well over 12months ago.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Everyone has access to 4G. You just need a 4G ready O2 phone. The correct sized 4G sim for your phone & the right data bolt on. Idata for iPhone or standard for other phones

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Everyone has access to 4G. You just need a 4G ready O2 phone. The correct sized 4G sim for your phone & the right data bolt on. Idata for iPhone or standard for other phones

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
To clarify, even if i choose to upgrade my tariff and 'lose' the bolt on i will still have access to 4g?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous yes because you just need the right bolt on which I mentioned above & switch mobile data on. For iPhone you toggle it to 4G in the settings & on other phones you may see a H or H+

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The only bolt on you'll lose is the 50% discount.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Why would you loose the discount? It's it applied for the term of the contract shouldn't it roll into the new plan? It's not an extension or upgrade per say.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946 wrote:
Why would you loose the discount? It's it applied for the term of the contract shouldn't it roll into the new plan? It's not an extension or upgrade per say.
@Curr946 you have to reapply each time you upgrade or get a new contract as the current discount only applies to this contract 

Message 7 of 7