Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Tariff Simplicity 20

I have been browsing tariffs on the o2 site and I am interested in the 'Online simplicity 20 Exclusive SIM Only pay monthly contract'. This include 1200 texts and 600 minutes with unlimited o2 calls and texts. I currently have a 300 free texts SIM.

I would like to know before I purchase this deal:
* Is this simply a monthly contract, where I would top my phone each month with £20, like a normal top up? Can I change to a different tariff at the end of the month or go back to standard pay as you go when my month worth of contract has expired?

*If I run out of minutes and texts can I top up as normal to get some extra credit?

*Can I keep my normal phone number?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Tariff Simplicity 20

Hi and Welcome Smiley Very Happy

There is two types of Simplicity,

The 1 Month version where you can cancel within a months notice,

And the 12 Month version, you get a bit more mins and texts with this, but you are stuck to it for a year and you cannot cancel it for a year, you are better off with the 1 Month version, in my opinion!

Also you don't top up with it as it's basically a contract where the money will be taken from your bank account each month!

You can choose your free bolt on, with the £20 a Month one, and if your interested in using the Net then you can choose the Unlimited Web Bolt On!!

Hope this helps you!!

Peps

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Tariff Simplicity 20

I have been browsing tariffs on the o2 site and I am interested in the 'Online simplicity 20 Exclusive SIM Only pay monthly contract'. This include 1200 texts and 600 minutes with unlimited o2 calls and texts. I currently have a 300 free texts SIM.

No, you get 1200 texts, 600 minutes, and you select your bolt-on which can be unlimited o2 calls or unlimited texts among others.

I would like to know before I purchase this deal:
* Is this simply a monthly contract, where I would top my phone each month with £20, like a normal top up? Can I change to a different tariff at the end of the month or go back to standard pay as you go when my month worth of contract has expired?
You can cancel it within a month, but each month it is renewed, yes you can change to another tariff, you just cancel with 30 day notice. You don't top up your phone, you have so many texts/minutes.

*If I run out of minutes and texts can I top up as normal to get some extra credit? No

*Can I keep my normal phone number?

Yes there is a form to do it online, unless your old number is on a different network, you don't need the code it asks for

All the answers are underneith or next to the questions if you didn't realise, I have this contract and I had simular questions.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Tariff Simplicity 20

*If I run out of minutes and texts can I top up as normal to get some extra credit? No

However, you will still be able to use your phone as normal - but you will be charged for any further calls or texts made if you've run out
Highlighted
Anonymous

Tariff Simplicity 20

Thank you for your help guys!
So with the 1 month contract, if i wanted to cancel it for the next month, i would then be using my phone as pay as you go?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Tariff Simplicity 20

Thank you for your help guys!
So with the 1 month contract, if i wanted to cancel it for the next month, i would then be using my phone as pay as you go?

Hi

It rolls month to month, so if you cancelled, don't know what you'd have to do to go back to PAYG?

You would probs have to arrange this when you where on the Fone to em cancelling,

Also be aware there is a 12 month Simplicity, Ya wouldn't want that one! As obviously you have to have it for 12 months!

Peps

Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Tariff Simplicity 20

If you cancelled for one month, you would have to phone up and switch to PAYG, and then apply again for a Simplicity contract.

Someone would start to get a bit fed up with that, either you or O2.

I don't think you would be allowed to switch in and out like that, and at some stage you would probably fail the credit check.

(Hi Peps did you get that pc fixed?)
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Tariff Simplicity 20

(Hi Peps did you get that pc fixed?)

Hi Perksie!!

I installed Windows XP on the Machine, and now it's like new

After say a few mins it goes to screensaver when you move the mouse it asks for the Admin password! I never added a password to it, I have for now set the screensaver to stay on for hours!

And I'm thinking this may solve it??

Asking for a password that is!!

Peps
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Tariff Simplicity 20

I think if you have no password set you can just hit return to finish booting into Windows, it's just Microsoft trying to get us to set user accounts, which I suppose are a good idea.

I imagine you have service pack 3 on it.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Tariff Simplicity 20

I imagine you have service pack 3 on it.

Yeah Mate I have installed that with other updates, return, is that the enter button?

Cheers Mate

Peps