cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tariff Change

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to change my usual 3gb data tariff to 10gb data, but only for one month then drop back down to my usual 3gb
Am I allowed to do this, or once I change to 10gb do I have to stay there?
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

That's interesting @Anonymous. New one on me. I hope it works fine when you want to roll back ....

As you say.... a good price difference...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the chat sent by email and I asked him twice to make sure
It's in black and white and I wouldn't have upgraded if I can't roll back
It's only till 7th March till I get wifi sorted out in my flat, I don't even have to give 30 days notice afterwards
I'll keep you all informed how it goes!!
Message 12 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Best of luck slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Pleased for you @Anonymous and thanks for the info. Good that you have the chat transcript....and yes please let us know how it goes. I honestly wasn't aware they would allow it...but hey..every day's a school day wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Uh oh.. getting worried now lol
It'll only be 6 months anyway as that's when my contract is up for renewal, so it'll only be an extra £11 if I had bought the top up...
Message 15 of 31

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I doubt the 3gb tariff will be cancelled so you should be fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fingers crossed!!
Thanks for both your input and spending the time looking for the help 😊😊😊
Message 17 of 31

MI5
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Sounds like a good deal anyway mate. Enjoy !

Currently using:
Message 18 of 31

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

you take a 30-day (or 1-month) minimum term contract you can give us written notice that you want to end your contract or change your tariff at any time, and this will be effective no more than 30 days after we receive your notice. You'll have to pay your normal monthly charge for your tariff until the end of your 30 day notice period. Make sure you check here for the current terms before changing your tariff.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 19 of 31

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

That relates to 30 day SIMO contracts @chrisymon

The Live Chat advisor was spot on though, there's no issue with upgrading your tariff and then downgrading again, so long as you don't want to go below the cost of the original tariff at the commencement of the contract term (whilst still within the min. term)

Can't imagine O2 would be thrilled with your changing tariff literally every month though, I'm sure it would be stopped eventually. 

Tariff changes usually take effectt from the billing dates too, so it's worth making sure that it has been actioned for you if you've requested an immediate change (and even then it will be overnight at the earliest). 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 20 of 31