cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talkalot

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an old Pay and go account which, in MyO2, lists my tariff as Talkalot. I don't get any allowances with this and I don't know whether I should (I've a feeling I originally did).

What I'd like to know is if I'd be better off on the current Simply Pay as you Go tariff because of the allowances when you top up, or are call charges outwith the allowances different for the different tariffs?

I use the phone rarely at the moment but may use it more in future.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144627 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions
The current tariffs are here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/ and your MyO2 will give you your current call costs for comparisson.
You only get allowances for the first 30 days after you top up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144627 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions
The current tariffs are here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go/ and your MyO2 will give you your current call costs for comparisson.
You only get allowances for the first 30 days after you top up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23143 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

As far as I'm aware, that tariff doesn't exist any more. The best thing for you to do would be to speak to customer service. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Talkalot is a very old tariff which is no longer available. There have never been any allowances with Talkalot. I believe calls are 25p for the first 3 minutes and then 5p/min thereafter. Texts were 10p?

There are much better options out there but it depends how you use your phone. We all tend to change our usage patterns over time.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for your input. Still mulling over the options and battling the O2 website. Cheers.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144627 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions
Shout up if you need any more help.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6