Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking my number

Lukekazimi123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How will I know when my phone number has transferred from my old phone to my new one
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Your old sim will lose signal first to indicate the process has started. Then the new sim will lose service at which point you should keep rebooting the new phone / sim until it comes online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Your old sim will lose signal first to indicate the process has started. Then the new sim will lose service at which point you should keep rebooting the new phone / sim until it comes online.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good luck. It's usually within an hour of the phone losing signal but you must reboot the phone every 20 minutes.

Message 3 of 5

Lukekazimi123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Hope all goes well for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5