cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking long time to transfer mobile number

Anonymous
Not applicable

After getting my PAC code off orange and giving to O2 I got a text 9am on Friday saying they are transferring my number and it can take up to 24 hours..

more than 48 hours later I still have no service on my new phone. I have been resetting it every couple hours to check

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Aah mi bad didnt see that message, hopefully mine will be done by today as I received the mssage friday morning
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought new iPhone 5 on Friay 11th. Was told transfer would take 2-4 hours. 2 days later still waiting.

what has happened to O2. They used to be the best provider and their customer service was the best. I have been with them since they were Cellnet and as I was in the electrical industry when they launch the first domestic mobile with Sony back in the early 90's they have always delivered. Not sure who the management are now but if it was down to me I would fire all the directors and get someone in to run the company the way it used to be. Directors look at Apple to see how it should be done. 

My recommendation would go somewhere else rather than O2. They have become a joke

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree o2 used to be a lot better than this, since Telefónica have pulled the strings I guess is its all fluff and show at the front, and cutting costs at the back, 

Ive been with out my number for a day, its just come back live now, but people are asking did you get my...."    "   err no I didnt.

I appreciate upsets do happen, its how a company responds to these trials that defines it. 

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had same problem. Service connected finally this afternoon-briefly- and then has dropped in and out all day. It has remained connected now for about 30 mins so keeping my fingers crossed. However can make calls and send texts but cannot receive them. Any ideas anyone? Do I sit & wait?

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

See if it's ok in the morning. If not I would be inclined to call customer service.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like I spoke  too soon , I had "No service" This morning, it came  live at 11, 

mmmmm

Message 9 of 9