cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet Sim Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, new customer to O2 and new tablet owner. I've got my sim in (o2 P&G Tablet 3G Sim), and can recieve messages to this number, but cannot send. I have set up the 3g data as instructed via the sim instructions but this has not helped. In addition I have signed into 'my 02' and attempted to top up as I would a phone but was informed that the number was not a prepay one.

Is there anything special I must do that I have obviously missed?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The only way I know of is to use apps like whatsapp but then everyone you speak to will need it to be installed as well.

Or you could try somthing like DeskSMS ties to a gmail account.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Welcome to the forum:)

Which tablet have you got? Need to know in order to try and find the correct answer for you:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony Xperia Z tablet

Message 3 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

(breaks forced non posting)

On tablet plans you cannot send sms only recieve as the charges are for data only no sms allowance

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 8

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

A rather cheeky alternative is to buy a standard Pay & Go Text and Web SIM pack which offers 300 text and 500MB data + you retain the £10 top-up, then use the credit to buy a 1GB data bundle.

So 1.5GB data and 300 text to reply to those messages and all you have to do is edit your APN settings.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@version7point0 wrote:

A rather cheeky alternative is to buy a standard Pay & Go Text and Web SIM pack which offers 300 text and 500MB data + you retain the £10 top-up, then use the credit to buy a 1GB data bundle.

So 1.5GB data and 300 text to reply to those messages and all you have to do is edit your APN settings.

Nice one I like that idea wink 

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, presumably there is no way to send sms's via a tablet? Im asking before I attempt it with another micro sim and further make myself look like an idiot

Message 7 of 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The only way I know of is to use apps like whatsapp but then everyone you speak to will need it to be installed as well.

Or you could try somthing like DeskSMS ties to a gmail account.
Message 8 of 8