cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU go and 4G on PAYG?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Just tried the "TU go" app on my iPhone and it says "your account type is not currently supported by Tu go" - Is that because I'm on Pay-as-you-go? If so, that's a shame, but I'm using Viber to make free calls, texts and voicemail over WIFI anyway, so makes no sense why TU go isn't available.

Secondly, and maybe related. I have a 4G sim and phone, when I use the 4G set-up assistant, first, the list of phones/makes does not populate, both drop-down lists are empty. I spotted a link below it so you can type in your IMEI instead, so I did that and my IMEI isn't valid, tried with and without the spaces. I know it's the correct number. So....is 4G not available to PAYG customers either? No big deal, I use a lot of wifi hotspots + Viber again...I'm a right penny-pincher eh? 🙂

Anyway, if someone could confirm these issues, just so I know nothing is wrong with my account.

Ta!
Scott

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Sure is - Tugo not available on PAYG currently.

4G is but you may need CS to enable it on your account. Call on 4445

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144359 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

Sure is - Tugo not available on PAYG currently.

4G is but you may need CS to enable it on your account. Call on 4445

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick and accurate response here @MI5. Thanks for that!

Message 3 of 3