cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING TO UPGRADE

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a complete waste of time trying to upgrade for nearly 3 weeks. I spent 3 hours with the online chat !!!I was asking why I can get an IPHONE4s on the tesco web site for £32 per month , free handset. !!!!

They could'nt see the upgrade deals I could see online and basically called me a liar, luckily I did a  screen shot of the page and have a copy, O2 have since put up all the prices !!!??

I was told that by buying a phone from tesco I would not be getting all the benefits from O2.

Really is this the case ???

I even emailed the CEO and was sent a reply but they too just disregard me and have offered me ''To say sorry, I’ll be happy to reduce the cost of the 16GB iPhone to £149.99.'' from £169.99.

I havent finshed yet , and am still trying to get a better deal.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86586 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 4987 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know why you just don't go to Tesco. Uses the same network as O2, so you will know what your signal will be like. Probably get club card points as well.

Message 3 of 7

sheepdog
  • 3144 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So lets put this into a financial context of trying to get a better deal out of o2. At minimum wage its £6.08 per hour at 3 hours effort you've just about covered your loss in time in getting a reduction.....

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard somewhere that tesco network doesn't support call waiting or call hold not 100 percent sure but I read it somewhere

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

There could be any number of reasons why Tesco are offering better deals.  Here's just a few:

1) subsidy - tesco are a larger company than o2 and can afford to subsidise more than o2 can mainly because:

2) tesco have little network running costs, since they don't own their own network

3) tesco are trying to build a customer base having only recently started doing mobile.

O2 don't have to match what another network does; you pay the price they're quoting or you don't. its your choice entirely.  Why do people pick M&S over Asda, when the food is mainly the same but wrapped in different packaging?  They choose to.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI 

Tesco are selling an O2 contract mobile phone. the contract is with O2 the billing is with O2 Tesco just sell it . How can they do it ? they offer a free handset for £32 per month. all the billing is through O2.

So saying ''O2 don't have to match what another network does'' is a nonsense as this is a O2 contract.

It is very obvious you work for O2 !!!!

Message 7 of 7