Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Switching to O2 unlimited - how long does it take?

Hi,

I've been on talkalot for years and tonight, I tried to move over to O2 unlimited tariff using the automated voice system. I was just wondering how long this usually takes to 'kick-in'..?

So far, I have recieved a txt from O2 saying;

"O2Smiley Surprised2 Unlimited will replace your current free tariff. If you do not want to switch to O2 Unlimited, txt STOP LINK to 21300 within 48 hours"

by that, I assume it means the tariff will change over in 48 hours? OR does it mean that i've changed over (immediate effect) and should top up to get started on it...

my O2 account summary says I'm till on TALKALOT... so I'm thinking it's not working quite there yet.

Any help appriciated!

thanks
Highlighted
Anonymous

Talkalot is the base tariff (what you are charged when you make calls/texts etc. outside of your allowance)
O2 unlimited is your free allowance, you are given your free allowance once a month on your anniversary date. Until then you will have the free allowance from your old tariff.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The new tariff will be added to your account within 48 hours of the request and will swap over at the next anniversary date.
The text message you recieve confirms the change has been added, not necessarily that the new tariff has swapped over and become active.
You don't have to top up to 'activate' the new tariff. As long as you have topped up in the last 30 days you will get the appropriate allowance based on how much you have topped up.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I just got a text through telling me 'We can move you onto O2 unlimited as soon as you've topped up... etc'

So it was just a case of waiting for confirmation really. All working well.

Thanks for the help