cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from contract to pay to go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I only need my mobile for emergencies when away from home (e.g. like contacting RAC when my car broke down last week!) so today I've just switched from a contract to pay and go.   I was advised to save the contacts on my SIM to the phone.   It's a Nokia Lumia 625.   Being a bit of a technophobe I'm not sure how to go about this - can anyone advise plz?

Cheers, Sue

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The easiest way is to sync with your Google account as many phones don't allow phone to sim transfer anymore.
However, as you are not swapping phones, as long as your contacts are stored on the phone itself, you don't need to move them anywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The easiest way is to sync with your Google account as many phones don't allow phone to sim transfer anymore.
However, as you are not swapping phones, as long as your contacts are stored on the phone itself, you don't need to move them anywhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to be a dim wit - how can I check whether the contacts are already on the phone?  Also how would I sync with Google?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm fairly certain the lumia doesn't store to sim anyway but if you take your sim out of the phone and can still see your contacts they are on the phone.
If you have entered your Google or Windows ID on the phone it will automatically sync with either of those accounts.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks slight_smile
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hope it was helpful but please keep asking if you're not sure.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Please be aware that when you switch to P&G, you need to make a chargeable call or text every 6 months to keep the sim card active. I would hate you to find out the sim is inactive when you need it most.

Message 7 of 7