cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from a SIM only contract to Pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've already raised the issue with the complaints team so not expecting much else, but has anyone else switched from a SIM only to a pay monthly contract and then ended up having to pay disconnect/early termination penalties?

The error appears to be on my part, I forgot to tick a box online via Carphone Warehouse to say I was upgrading, but even though I've gone from having a SIM only contract with O2 (terminated after the minimium 3 month term before you could upgrade) to this pay monthly contract with O2 I've had to pay a termination fee.  Just feels incredibly wrong so I was wondering if anyone else had made a similiar mistake and what their experience was.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous No I'm sorry I haven't had that experience. I have always been with O2.  From PAYG to pay monthly (for 2 years) then went to sim only ....again with O2. There maybe someone here that went through the same as you with CPW...so will leave others to answer. I hope you get a positive outcome wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Nope but it wouldn't surprise me if CPW signed you up for a new contract to get maximum commission.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying Cleoriff slight_smile I'm not expecting much, tired of dealing with O2 and CPW about this now, but thought I'd have one last attempt.

I've been with O2 for a while as well too (PAYG with BT Cellnet/O2 back in 2001-2010 then monthly contracts since then) which is why I'm a bit more gutted about it.  Fingers crossed though for a positive outcome.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to agree to this (I did wonder if they could be something else in the background they'd gain) but I placed my order online so I think the blame is with me sadly.

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Either way @Anonymous please come back and let us know how you get on. If nothing else you can have a rant and we can support you in any way we can...Best of luck

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yep, always available for rant listening wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Between them, O2 and CPW profiting from being given a new contract rather than an upgrade. The last thing you needed was termination fees this close to Christmas. slight_frown

Message 8 of 8