Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from PAYG to Pay Monthy

ST2020
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently came back to O2, having gone to Three when the merger was going to take place. I started off with a PAYG sim for a month whilst I looked at my usage and chose a tariff for PM. So stupidly I thought it would be straightforward to switch over as a, now, existing customer, just update the account details, but no.

I had to order a new SIM, that could take 3 days, and then 24hrs to transfer my existing number across. I was cheerfully told "don't worry you can carry on using PAYG until then" i.e. paying us twice as the contract is already running.

So the SIM arrrives and I go to the link I was given to request the number change and wait... so 24hrs later I call, it's not switched.. and was told it hasn't been requested... so I wait again.

There is absolutely no need for this... all you had to do is update the account details.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Since all the above members seem in agreement that this is "the way it's done", I have taken the plunge, and am now in the process of moving to Monthly.
The discussion here helped me make my decision, so "thanks* 🙂
Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 11 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It always made sense to me. Pay so much every month on payandgo or pay every month for a contract ... 

Good luck @Projectionist

Message 12 of 14

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

These days I'm rarely impressed with anything related to customer service helplines / websites etc., so I was greatly surprised to find my PAYG to Pay Monthly number transfer done in under an hour astonished

I used the following form    http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost

..though I did need to add 894411 in front of the number  printed on the SIM card (there was a hint to this effect on the form)

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Projectionist wrote:

These days I'm rarely impressed with anything related to customer service helplines / websites etc., so I was greatly surprised to find my PAYG to Pay Monthly number transfer done in under an hour astonished

I used the following form    http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost

..though I did need to add 894411 in front of the number  printed on the SIM card (there was a hint to this effect on the form)

thumbsup

Message 14 of 14