cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from PAYG to Pay Monthly, question about the 'keep your mobile number' form

Uhyve
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dumb question, that I can't find an answer to probably because it's dumb.

I'm using this form here:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number/online-form

It asks what tariff I'm on, do I say PAYG because that's what I'm switching from? Or Pay Monthly because that's now my tariff.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes I understand and now I know you have already got the contract sim you can use that form and you need to choose "Pay Monthly" tariff.
Your PAYG sim will be cancelled when the number transfers so you'll lose any credit if you haven't already transferred it and you'll also lose any rewards you have accumulated.
Best of luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can't use any form for what you want to do.
You must phone customer services on 4445 as you need to change billing platform and pass credit checks etc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Uhyve
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh, I've actually already ordered the sim from the O2 website (passed the credit checks, did the direct debit thing).

It sounded like you could do it here.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Edit: Just to clarify I'm just trying to figure out how to keep my number.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes I understand and now I know you have already got the contract sim you can use that form and you need to choose "Pay Monthly" tariff.
Your PAYG sim will be cancelled when the number transfers so you'll lose any credit if you haven't already transferred it and you'll also lose any rewards you have accumulated.
Best of luck.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Uhyve
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I was leaning towards PAYG, heh, probably saved me some trouble there.

Good to know on the credit thing, think I've still got a quid or two left, guess I'll be do my best to burn through that.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can transfer any credit as a positive balance on your contract if you wish, but you'll need to call customer services to do it.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6