Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to O2 provided them with PAC but what next

smush
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I set up my O2 SIMO contract yesterday I entered my PAC given to me by Sky Mobile today I got my new O2 sim and used it to replace my Sky sim the phone is working and I can make calls etc but what happens regarding keeping my old number does it do it automatically or do I need to text SWAP to 20220? I read that I need to do that from the old sim but it would not send the text because it is an O2 network message for O2 sims

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

May be worth reading this.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

If O2 have your code then everything should be automatic 

Be aware that there are some problems with the porting system at present so it may not be as quick as usual

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

May be worth reading this.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

If O2 have your code then everything should be automatic 

Be aware that there are some problems with the porting system at present so it may not be as quick as usual

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

smush
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are you supposed to receive notification that O2 are in the process of porting the number? As I've not had it. I had a text this morning stating the Sim is on its way and to text SWAP to 20220 to activate it but when I put the the Sim in the phone it worked straight away? Will texting SWAP initate the port of my old number?

with regards to that guide you provided I already understood most of it however the bit about if you’ve completed your order online and waiting for the phone to be delivered you can complete the port in form here

I signed up online and provided my PAC at the time of doing so but do I also need to fill that number porting form out too?

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
  • 7116 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

SWAP is only for swapping an O2 SIM to another one. It does not apply in your case.

Yes, you should be notified about a transfer date, but as I have said the system has technical problems at the moment and is running slow.

If you have given your PAC code to O2 then it's just having to wait at present

Message 4 of 4