Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up...

Paul820
Level 3: Thinker
  • 57 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

How is switch up in-store supposed to be done? I pre-ordered the Fold 6 today and I asked the person who processed it what I need to bring with me when they switch my phone over and they said I have to send it off via courier? I read on the O2 website that says switch up and transfer data in-store, It's the reason I ordered for collection instead of delivery.

Also why can't you do a switch up online through your O2 account? I have ended up with a slightly more expensive deal because the store couldn't apply the £150 upfront discount that's available via online order. Switch up is a great idea but it feels half baked.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11247 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Paul820 

So the stores wont do any data transfer in store, you really should back up the old phone to the cloud, and then when you get home restore it from there. 

You can do it online you just follow the upgrade process and it will offer you switchup.. mine always did until it became fubar'd

If they are asking you to post the old phone back that is so when the new phone arrives you can do the data transfer your self and then send the old phone once you are done.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

Paul820
  • 57 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello, thanks for replying.

In regards to the online orders, I tried multiple times to do the switch up on my account online and there was never an option to do it, it said my switch up was available and as instructed by another store to add it to the recycle section and it never had any option for switch up just a standard recycle.

I witnessed at this store I went to last week they were transferring data for a customer while I was waiting for an advisor.

It's been ordered now so it is what it is, I'm just very cautious of sending it via courier.

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11247 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Paul820 

All depends on the store and how busy they are…

I wouldn’t trust sending it either, as the one near me offers you the choice. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 4