Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up

Dazza811
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey guys for switch up do i need to factory reset the handset and remove screen protectors etc?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Dazza811 

Clear any pin codes and sign out of iCloud if an iPhone.

Remove sim and factory reset.

Before you return your device

• Back up everything you want to keep, like contacts and photos 
  • Turn off any passcodes that you’ve set. If your device is locked when you return it, we’ll have to charge you the full cost of your replacement and/or not process an exchange or refund
  • Remove any security software that you’ve installed
  • Double-check that you’re returning the correct device. If the unique IMEI doesn’t match the one we supplied, you may be charged the device’s full value
  • You’ll need to return everything that was included with your device, including its original packaging and any accessories or bundles that came with it.

Additional steps when returning Apple devices:

• Make sure ‘Find my iPhone’ is disabled. If you don’t, we won’t be able to process your exchange or refund. See this guide on Apple's website for more information on how to disable it. 
  • If you bought an iPhone and Apple Watch together, and need to return your iPhone for any reason, you’ll need to return the Apple Watch too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Dazza811 

Clear any pin codes and sign out of iCloud if an iPhone.

Remove sim and factory reset.

Before you return your device

• Back up everything you want to keep, like contacts and photos 
  • Turn off any passcodes that you’ve set. If your device is locked when you return it, we’ll have to charge you the full cost of your replacement and/or not process an exchange or refund
  • Remove any security software that you’ve installed
  • Double-check that you’re returning the correct device. If the unique IMEI doesn’t match the one we supplied, you may be charged the device’s full value
  • You’ll need to return everything that was included with your device, including its original packaging and any accessories or bundles that came with it.

Additional steps when returning Apple devices:

• Make sure ‘Find my iPhone’ is disabled. If you don’t, we won’t be able to process your exchange or refund. See this guide on Apple's website for more information on how to disable it. 
  • If you bought an iPhone and Apple Watch together, and need to return your iPhone for any reason, you’ll need to return the Apple Watch too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Dazza811
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant. Thanks for your help 😁

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

Welcome

Guide: Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want! 

Message 4 of 4