Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up process

iancarr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well after a lot of confusion between CS and some stores about requiring a full credit check for switch up, I finally popped into Eldon Square in Newcastle and spoke to a lovely member of staff, she took me to one of the desks and asked what was my concerns, after explaining the poor credit rating I have and some stores saying if they start the process and it fails I would lose current handset.

She was outstanding and said 1st of all they only do a soft check and mainly to see if O2 account is in good order, she also said that she has never seen a full credit check for switch up since the service began, she then put my mind at ease by also saying that they don't clear the old contract until the new handset has been completed.

the process went exactly as she said, soft check performed and as O2 account has always been paid by DD on time there were no issues at all. This staff member is a credit to O2, she even talked me thru the process of backing up old phone and setting up new handset as well as going thru how to claim the Ear Buds pro 2 direct from Samsung that were with the new deal.

needless to say I will feel more at ease in 12 months when it comes to doing this again for the S25 launch

I can not say again how outstanding the member of staff was

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions

@iancarr 

Exactly as we told you here Switch Up Confusion - O2 Community 

and here Switch Up - O2 Community 

and here Switch up - O2 Community

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions

@iancarr 

Exactly as we told you here Switch Up Confusion - O2 Community 

and here Switch up - O2 Community

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7629 Posts
  • 146 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@iancarr 

I think that @Dave-O2 might want to feed back your positive comments to the store involved. 👍 

Message 3 of 7

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11052 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 364 Solutions

Hi that's really good of you to take the time to give credit to the o2 member of staff @iancarr 

In Newcastle 😊

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 7

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Oxonian 

@iancarr So i can get this fed back directly to the store, can you please confirm the date/time you were able to Switch Up in store?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 5 of 7

iancarr
  • 17 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

it was Monday 5th February at 15:53, staff member was young lady called Aysha, she was outstanding and huge credit to O2

Message 6 of 7

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 791 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Thanks for the details @iancarr 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 7 of 7