Switch up complex query

David46
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone 

This is a bit of a complex query but it's just an idea before I do anything

I have an iPhone 15 (lets call this phone 1) and I have switched up to an honor magic v3 (phone 2)

With my job I have a company phone which isn't great and they have a BYOD scheme where they would supply a business SIM if we want to use our own devices.

If I was not to send phone 1 back and retain it to use for work would I just be paying for the device plan for that phone and the device plan and airtime for phone 2 therefore meaning I'm just paying for both devices but one SIM.

Second query is that down the line I want to switch up phone 2 for a new phone would I have to pay phone 1 off in full before I can switch up phone 2 or would I lose my switch up benefit completely

Just curious if anyone has done this before and I would like to hear your input O2 customer services couldn't give me a concrete answer 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11542 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@David46 

1. No o2 would bill you in full for the old phone (Number 1) which needs to be paid on your next bill. 

2. Null point as you would have already been billed for Phone 1 before this.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

David46
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah right okay there is just a lot of conflicting info and I wasn't sure what way it would work as O2 said I would be paying two devices off and airtime on both when effectively I only have one SIM out and online on the faqs for switch up says different 

This is what O2 says 

If you don’t return your old phone, you will continue to pay for that phone’s device plan until it ends – along with your new one.

I think il just send it back and just stick with the work phone I have but thought it was worth a shot as there is around 35 percent paid off the iPhone already 

Message 3 of 3