cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to PAYG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

My contract is ending on the 18th July 14 and I want to switch to pay as you go.

I have been in contact with an agent on the chat who sent me a new Sim and confirmed that my contract would be switched to Pay as you go and my current number would be transfered to the new Sim on the 19th.

On the 30th June, I received a text confirming that the migration date was going to be done on the 1st July

I then contacted an agent on the chat to confirm that the migration date was at the end of my contract on the 18th, not before. The agent confirmed that he had made the change and i received a confirmation emai : migration date to transfer your mobile number 07... On pay and go has been changed from 30/06/2014 to 18/07/2014 as per your request.

Since the 1st July, my mobile number is out of order but my bill is covering my usage until the 24th July.

Since then, the online chat is unavailable
Can you please explain what is going on?

Thank you
Best
Vanessa

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We can't help, sorry, we are just customers here.
You will have to try and contact CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but it seems that you have been migrated early......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We can't help, sorry, we are just customers here.
You will have to try and contact CS http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus but it seems that you have been migrated early......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I would not recommend Live Chat for things like this.

If you are able to I would call customer service on 202 or if you have migrated and are able to on 4445.

If neither option is available to you then call o2 on 0844 809 0202 (5ppm approx from bt line) and discuss the issue with them.

Live chat are offshore call centres and things do go wrong from time to time. Also be aware you may still be charged for your contract to 18th.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why do they offer to make the change then if they can t provide the service? That s unacceptable from a company like O2 to provide such a bad customer service experience!

Funily enough, everything works perfectly well when you take up a 24 months contract!

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm sure CS will sort it out for you if you give them a CALL.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure! What s the call rate again from abroad?
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Prices are numbers are all in this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
If you use a landline abroad it will depend on the phone network you are calling from.....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7