Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch deals not available?

MattFoster
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm coming to the end of my current 24 month SIM only tariff and can see some deals that look really good on the comparison sites.  For instance:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/sim-only-deal/1d5d0cacac8a54579cb04a0033bb76c3dd9dd862/?position=3&l...

However this isn't offered to me (or even anything close to it) in my O2.  How do I enter onto this tariff with my existing number and Apple Watch add on?

thanks

Matt

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10171 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@MattFoster 

The deals on the comparison sites are built specifically for those sites as part of a commercial relationship with o2, who also pay them a commission so they are only for new customers, so you cant upgrade to these tariffs.

The only way to do it is sign up for a new contract with these sites and then request your number is migrated to the new contract. full details on migrating are here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Bare in mind you will have 2 contracts running, and will need to cancel the apple watch plan as it is tied to your current plan and then sign up again..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
  • 10171 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@MattFoster 

The deals on the comparison sites are built specifically for those sites as part of a commercial relationship with o2, who also pay them a commission so they are only for new customers, so you cant upgrade to these tariffs.

The only way to do it is sign up for a new contract with these sites and then request your number is migrated to the new contract. full details on migrating are here Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Bare in mind you will have 2 contracts running, and will need to cancel the apple watch plan as it is tied to your current plan and then sign up again..

Message 2 of 4

MattFoster
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.   Feels a bit like the sort of "brand new customers only" nonsense that was supposed to have been stamped out by regulation, but for the size of the monthly saving I'll happily jump through a few additional hoops.

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
  • 10171 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@MattFoster 

Doesnt apply in this case as the deal offered is a commercial deal done by uSwitch and o2, same as esim.net who offer a 30 day unlimited esim deal for £18 per month.. which o2 will never match for new and existing customers...

Message 4 of 4